IFIP-WG9.2 Aims and Scope
- helping to make computer professionals and systems
designers and others aware of the social consequences of
- developing criteria to determine how well the public is
served when it comes into contact with computerized
- enabling and encouraging designers and users of computer
systems to make a human choice, i.e., a choice which
takes into account human needs and wishes.
Those aspects of computers which affect the public interest.
Among these are:
- ethical issues arising out of the use of computers,
- the freedom of access to information, as well as the
right to privacy and to the protection of sensitive data,
- shifts in the balance of power arising out of the use of
- the effects of computers in public and private
- education of the public about computers, and of computer
professionals about the effects of their work.
[back to the home page]
Insitut d'Informatique - 04/30/98